Saturday, August 14, 2010

What a week....

Before this past work week began I knew It wouldn’t be easy. I had many cases and a few of them were very emotional,complicated and full of difficult issues and people.
My week began with amazing experiences. Early on in the week, I was able to participate in a case that was so important to me. I worked on this case with another lawyer and we spent so much time preparing for it. We won the case and I was so proud of our work. A great reminder of why I became an attorney. A family was reunited, I was so anxious...The judge gave us his decision at around 9PM. When I got home, my daughters were still awake and I was able to celebrate by kissing them and tucking them in bed. As soon as everyone went to bed that night, I began to review notes since I was starting a murder trial the next day. It’s incredible how you have to switch mindsets, concentration and priorities in a matter of minutes. The murder trial began and it had its ups and downs. No one really wins in these type of cases you know.
By Wednesday I was exhausted. I arrived late again, had a nice dinner and sat down to watch the news. Not a good Idea!! Had trouble sleeping....
Thursday wasn’t supposed to be a tough day. I only had 2 cases in court and was thinking about taking the afternoon off...maybe a nap or something else that would be relaxing.
I woke up with a huge headache on Thursday morning. I slept very little and was really stressed out. I looked at my phone and had a bunch of missed calls from numbers I didn’t recognized. I returned the calls...
I wish I could tell you more...I can’t though...All I can say is that I have just been hired to work on the case I saw on the news the night before....It’s all over the place....
I spent Friday afternoon with my family. I can’t begin to explain how tired and stressed out I was but a few hours with my girls was all I needed....
Amongst all the negative press and comments I’ve been getting a friend sent me a message just told me to pray trust that God has placed me where I’m needed.(thank you V) I thought about it...And I truly believe it....

No comments:

Post a Comment